My name is Gloria Cardenas Cudia. My husband Frank Cudia, Sr. and I celebrated our 49th wedding anniversary on January 17, 2019. We have two wonderful adult children and several amazing grandchildren! Frank is a U.S. Army veteran and retired from the Chrysler Corporation. He regularly attends the UAW 1268 Retiree monthly meetings (I go to the luncheons!).
Our son, Frank, Jr. is a journeyman electrician in Las Vegas, Nevada and IBEW member. Our daughter Angelica and her husband Joe live in Loves Park. Joe works at Windsor Auto as the finance guy and Angel is in management with a Fortune 500 company working mainly from home but attends staff meetings in Wisconsin and the Chicago suburbs.
July 1993 – 2011 Rockford Park District, Retired
Marketing & Communications, Outreach Coordinator
Primerica Financial Services, Rockford, IL
- Regional Vice-President
- Supervised 15 sales representatives and managers
- Sales and counseling of financial programs to the general public
- Licensed in life and health insurance
- Securities license
- Marketing, research, recruiting, and training
WIFR Television (CBS) Channel 23, Rockford, IL
- Employee Relations Director & Administrative Assistant to
- Local President & National Corporate Vice-President
- Personnel benefits administrator
- Affirmative Action Officer
- Public Relations as assigned and needed
- Producer & Talk Show host, wrote copy, produced commercials, PSAs, etc.
- FCC radio-telephone operator’s permit
Rockford Clinic, LTD., Rockford, IL
- Medical Secretary and English/Spanish Translator
- General Office Functions
- Maintained and recorded patient medical records
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- 1969 Rockford West High School graduate
- 1980-1986 – Various classes & courses as needed in personnel practices, equal employment opportunities, workman’s compensation, OSHA rules & guidelines, Spanish medical terminology
- June 1986 – State of Illinois Life & Health Insurance Licenses
- October 1988 – State of Illinois & National Association of Securities Dealers License
- July 1987 & 1989 – St. Augustine College, Chicago, IL: Certifications in Fundamentals of Corporate Finance, Technical Analysis, Fundamentals of Investment Companies, Qualified vs. Non-Qualified Plans for Individual Retirement, and Employer-Sponsored Qualified Plans.
- August 1990 – Beta Christian University, Harvey, IL:
Course completion and certification in Merit Life & Health
- February 2003 – Ordained Minister, World Christianship Ministries
- Read, write and speak both English and Spanish fluently.
Current Volunteer Positions
- TV Producer and host of two local cable TV programs in English and Spanish):
- “Comcast Connects” and “La Vida Buena” (The Good Life).
- Salsa Business Network, Founder and Interim President.
Previous Volunteer Positions
- Cooperative Extension Services @ UI Urbana-Champaign, 4-H Youth Council Member
- Council of Neighborhood Organizations, Member
- Fiesta Hispana, Co-Founder & President
- Governor Bruce Rauner, Transition Team Member 2014
- Illinois Bicentennial Commission, Commissioner 2017-2018.
- La Voz Latina, Board Member and President
- Rockford Chamber of Commerce, Member of Diversity Council & Political Action Committee
- Rockford Community Foundation, Trustee
- Rockford School Board District 205, Board Member and Past President
- Rockford Park District, Board of Commissioners
- Rockford YMCA, Board Member
- 16th Congressional Hispanic Task Force, Vice-President
- South West Ideas For Today & Tomorrow (SWIFTT), Member
- Winnebago County Crime & Public Safety Commission, Member and Chairman.
- Rockford Woman of the Year, 2010 by Rockford Register Star’s Rockford Woman Magazine.
- Recipient of many local, state and national recognition awards for community service.